|General Guidance|| > For Authors > General Guidance
Thank you for choosing 『Audiology and Speech Research』. Please take your time to read and follow the instruction. Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript.
- 1. About the journal
Audiology and Speech Research (ASR) is a peer-reviewed journal, publishing high-quality, and original research. All manuscripts are required to provide novel and updating issues pertinent to the journal’s aim and scope. Please see the Journal’s Aim and Scope.
- 2. Types of manuscripts
The journal accepts the following manuscript types; review paper, research paper, and clinical case. We also accept breif communication and letter to editor.
1) Review paper: These articles deal with comprehensive analyses of specific topics in the fields covered by the journal.
2) Research paper: These articles present novel and unique findings or concepts through a survey, experiments or clinical investigation on the fields covered by the journal.
3) Clinical case: These articles present unique cases or introduce novel therapeutic methods.
4) Brief communication: They should be short research articles intended to present interesting or exciting finding/issue that will have a major impact in journal.
5) Letter to the Editor: This letter includes new opinion and/or concerns about the articles which were published in the journal.
- 3. Ethics of research and publication
Manuscripts have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner. For more information, please read the journal’s Research and Publication Ethics.
- 3-1. Human and animal rights
All research which reports in vivo experiments or clinical trials on humans or animals should be conducted with the formal approval of the Institutional Review Board. The manuscript should have the section of Ethical Statement which includes a statement of informed consent and IRB approval number.
- 3-2. Publication ethics
Manuscripts have not been copyrighted, published, or accepted for publication elsewhere. ASR is a member of Crossref , a multipublisher initiative to screen published and submitted content for originality. ASR uses the iThentificate software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts.
- 3-3. Disclosure statement
All the funding resources and/or grant numbers should be presented in the section of funding. The author should disclose any conflicts of interest during the online submission. If you have no conflict of interest, simply check “no conflicts of interest” during the online submission.
- 4. Preparing the manuscript
All necessary files need to be uploaded separately.
- Title page: The title, running title, the list of author(s) and, their affiliation(s) in English and Korean (do not need for English manuscript). Also, the title page should include e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and fax number of the corresponding author in English. Acknowledgement(s)
- Main body: Following items should be contained; Abstract, Key words, Main body, and References
- The abstract should be written in English. Also, research paper and critical case should use the following headings; Purpose, Method, Result and Conclusion. Letter to the Editor does not need the abstract.
- Minimum three and Maximum six key words are needed in English and Korean Manuscript which is written in English, Korean key words are not necessary.
- The main body is structured introduction, materials and methods, results and discussions for research paper and clinical case.
- All References should be written in English. The maximum number of references is 40. Please follow the “American Psychological Association(APA) style”.
- Tables: All legends and contents should be written in English. Tables should not be placed in the text. Table(s) needs to be saved in a separate file.
- Figures: All legends and contents should be written in English. Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for color) and saved as TIFF or JPG.
- Copy right release and author agreements: All authors’ names and signatures are needed.
Please read the “Instructions for authors” in detail.
- 5. Peer-review
Once your manuscript has been assessed for suitability by the Editor-in-Chief, it will be peer-reviewed by two anonymous reviewers selected by our editorial board members. Authors are encouraged to suggest independent reviewers for evaluating their manuscripts. All recommendations are considered, but it is at the Editor’s discretion their choice of reviewers.
During the review process, we do not open the authors’ name and affiliations to the reviewers. A reviewer may decline the invitation to evaluate a manuscript where there is a perceived conflict of interest.
The corresponding author and the first author will be notified regarding the decision outcomes; accept, minor revision, major revision, and reject. Please read the Peer review policy.
- 6. Submission of manuscript
The manuscript should be submitted through the on-line submission system, http://submit.e-asr.org/. If you have questions, you can e-mail to email@example.com
- 7. Article processing and publication charge
Publication charges are KRW 300,000 (USD $ 300) for regular basic publication - and KRW 400,000 (USD $ 400) for the express publication up to the length of 8 pages, and KRW 30,000 (USD $ 30) per page for the additional pages should be paid. Color figures are charged with extra, except for online publication.
Bank account information
Name of bank: Woori Bank
Bank account number: 1005-301-668263
Bank holder: Korean Academy of Audiology