1. Paper format
1) Abstract in English
Abstract in English shall be within 250 characters and classified into purpose, methods, results, and conclusion.
2) Key words
Minimum 3 to maximum 5 key words shall be included in principles.
3) Main body
① Make sure to use Korean or English in principles, but if there is a possibility of confusion, it is available to use Chinese and include original language in ( ) next to Korean. Usage of abbreviation of English shall be minimized. When using it for the first time, make sure to use the full words and insert abbreviation in the parenthesis. There is no spacing in Korea + (English), but there is spacing in English + (English).
Example 1: Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
Example 2: Auditory Brainstem Response, ABR)
Example 3: Speech noise
② When inserting quoted phrases in the body, everything including the words and punctuation need to be identical with the phrases in the original paper, and following regulations shall be followed depending on the length of quoted parts.
Quoted phrases in the body (in-text) shall be in alphabetical order of the last name of author.
A. If directly quoting: Make sure to add quotation mark (" ") and indicate the source of quote (author and issuing date)
Example 1. According to Hong (2003) "..."
Example 2. According to one previous study, "...." (Hong, 2003)
B. If indirectly quoting: Make sure to indicate "author" and "year" as follows but also add the indication of year in parenthesis
Example 1. As for this theory, Smith (1975)....
Example 2. According to the recent research (Boone, 1995; Hong, 1990)..
C. In case of multiple authors,
(1) Make sure to indicate up to 2 authors
Example 1. According to Hodson & Paden (1995), ...
Example 2. According to one previous study (Hodson & Paden, 2003), ...
(2) If there are more than 3 authors, make sure to indicate 1 author such as "Kim et al."
Example 1. Boone et al. (1995)...
Example 2. According to one previous study (Boone et al., 1995)...
(3) Add the parenthesis in the year and do not add comma in front of "&"
③ Statistical symbols are used with fonts and spacing as follows.
- Values of p, t must be italic. However, F, M, N, and SD are no print.
- Make sure to have one spacing between symbols (example: p < 0.001, F(1,129) = 2.71, t = 4.52).
④ Unit of measured value is applied with International System of Units (SI) in meter (JAMA 1986;255:2329-2339), while using temperature in Celsius degree. Make sure to have space between numbers and units but put & and °C next to numbers without spacing.
(1) Equation shall be indicated with number in the right end of equation as shown in  and  and inserted to the main body without separately submitting
Example 1. Ai= (SNRi+K)/D, 
(2) If stating the equation in the body, make sure to indicate Eq. meanign the equation and equation number in order.
Example 1. Eq  is as follows...
⑥ Figure and Table
Figure and table shall be in English and provided with series of numbers. Title and explanation of table shall be located on the left side of table, and title and explanation of figure shall be suggested at the bottom center in the figure. Abbreviations used for the figure and table shall be explained.
(1) Follow APA (American Psychological Association) format in principles.
(2) Make sure to indicate reference only if it is quoted, and not to have more than 40 references.
(3) Make sure to indicate domestic and foreign publications with author name and academic journal name in English in principles. Indicate the main author's last name in alphabetical order.
(4) If there are two authors in the reference, make sure to separate them with "&" without comma for two authors.
(5) Make sure to indicate up to 6 authors in the reference. If there are 7 authors, make sure to indicate up to 6 authors and add "et al.' Separate authors with comma.
(6) Make sure to have the first letter of title in the quoted paper as capital and add colon if there is sub-title to indicate the first letter as capital. Indicate period in the end of title and end with period for the last reference.
(7) Format for indication of reference shall follow the below. In case of paper in Korea, make sure to indicate reference in English.
1) Periodical journal: Author name (.) year (.) title (.) academic journal name (italic)(,) volume (edition)(italic), starting page - ending page (.)
- [Two authors in paper in Korean]
Jin, I. K. & Lee, J. H. (2010). Effects of talker variability on speech recognition of normal-hearing listeners for Korean speech audiometry. Audiology, 6(1), 19-24.
- [Three or more authors in paper in Korean]
Jang, H., Jo, J., & Kim, Y. (2015). Auditory processing abilities in children with mild hearing loss. Audiology, 11(3), 223-232.
- [Two authors in paper in English]
Axelsson, A. & Ringdahl, A. (1989). Tinnitus- A study of its prevalence and characteristics. British Journal of Audiology, 23(1), 53-62.
- [More than 3 authors or 6 authors in paper in English]
Kaf, W. A., Sabo, D. L., Durrant, J. D., & Rubinstein, E. (2006). Reliability of electric response audiometry using 80 Hz auditory steady-state responses. International Journal of Audiology, 45(8), 477-486.
- [More than seven authors in paper in English]
Blamey, P., Arndt, P., Bergeron, F., Bredberg, G., Brimacombe, J., Facer, G., et al. (1996). Factors affecting auditory performance of postlinguistically deaf adults using cochlear implants. Audiology and Neuro-Otology, 1(5), 293-306.
2) Dissertation: Author name (.) year (.) dissertation title (degree name) (.) school name (,) location(.)
- Son, H. J.(2003). A study on the factors that affect on the social and emotional development of the hearing handicapped students (Unpublished master's thesis). Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
3) Book: Author name (.) issue year (.) book name (italic)(.) (edition)(,) (pp.00-00)(.) issuing place (:) publisher (.)
- Dillon, H. (2012). Hearing Aids. 2nd Ed., pp.145-169. New York, NY: Thieme.
- Yacullo, W. S. (2009). Clinical masking. In J. Katz, L. Medwetsky, R. Burkard, & L. Hood (6th Ed.). Handbook of Clinical Audiology (pp. 80-115). Baltimore, MA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
4) Academic competition: Author name (.) year (.) academic competition name (:) presentation title(.) city (,) time(:) location(.)
- Ku, H. L. & Kim, J. S. (2010). Proceedings from 13th Korean Academy of Audiology conference: A preliminary study for development of the Korean evaluation scale for hearing handicap. Gwangju, Chunnam: Nambu University.
5) Electronic document: Author name (.) year (,) and date (.) paper title (.) site name (.) side address (full address)
- Brody, J. E. (2007, December 11). Mental reserves keep brain agile. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com
2. Organization of paper
- In case of research and case studies, make sure to follow the example of paper, and review paper, free format is allowed.
- Other regulations for submission shall refer to recently published papers in Audiology and Speech Research.